FLUORIDE as an additive in our water, has been controversial since it began in Grand Rapids Michigan in 1945. Naturally occurring Fluoride has been tied to dental health and prevention of cavities.
WHAT IS THE FLUORIDE FOUND IN OUR DRINKING WATER?
Not all Fluoride is created equal!
Naturally occurring Fluoride- Calcium fluoride: found in soil and rocks. As water travels over the land it picks up trace amounts. In small or trace amounts this type of fluoride does not pose any notable health risks. Like anything consumed in extreme excess, this type of fluoride has the potential to cause health issues such as skeletal fluorosis or a calcification of the joints causing discomfort and deformity.
Synthetic Fluoride- Sodium fluoride: This type of fluoride is what we originally added to our water for dental health in 1945. In its purest from sodium fluoride is capable of eating through concrete. We now use a different compound called Fluorosilicic Acid which is a byproduct of industrial waste, largely from fertilizer and aluminum factories and has been shown to be far more harmful. It has been linked to causing cancer and causing health issues for people with thyroid issues.
HAVE YOU EVER READ THEN WARNING LABELS ON TOOTHPASTE?
If you are like me you trust the “powers to be” to look out for our health. Especially when it comes to things as common as toothpaste!
Here are just a few of the warnings toothpaste manufactures are required to post:
- Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age
- If more than a pea sized amount is ingested, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away!
WHY DO WE HAVE FLOURIDE ADDED TO OUR WATER?
There is a lot of debate as to why our government fluoridates our water, but one fact remains in California: IT IS THE LAW.
Here is a snippet form the City of San Diego:
Q. Why is the City of San Diego fluoridating its water supplies?
A. California state law requires water agencies with more than 10,000 water service connections (which includes the City of San Diego) fluoridate their drinking water supplies. However, a public water system is exempt from fluoridating until sufficient outside funding is available. Both the California Attorney General and the City Attorney's Office opined that when sufficient funding became available, San Diego Municipal Code Section 67.0101, which prohibits the City from fluoridation, would be preempted by state law. In June 2008, the San Diego City Council accepted an offer of funding from the First 5 Commission of San Diego County for the purpose of fluoridating the City’s public water supply.
Plus it always boils down to MONEY!
Q. What chemical is San Diego using to fluoridate its supplies?
A. While there are three chemicals commonly used to fluoridate municipal drinking water, San Diego selected fluorosilicic acid as the most cost-effective bulk chemical to be used in the district’s treatment processes. The appropriate state drinking water authorities must approve all drinking water additives. San Diego’s use of fluorosilicic acid was approved by the California Department of Public Health
If you believe any of the controversy’s surrounding the debate or not, the fact remains that FLUORIDE IS IN OUR WATER!
Aqualistic has a whole house fluoride removal filtration system to eliminate your worries.
AQUALISTIC HAS THE RIGHT SYSTEM FOR YOUR FAMILY
- When you contact Aqualistic Water Products we will send our water specialist to your home to consult about your water concerns, evaluate your current plumbing system.
- Because each and every Aqualistic water system is assembled in Southern California we will custom design a system just for your home and more importantly your family’s health.
- WATER FLOW RATES, WHAT? Don’t worry each and every Aqualistic Water System is installed by licensed plumbing contractors ensuring a quality installation and proper sizing to maintain flow rates and water pressure.
COSTLY MAINTENANCE? NO WAY!
- Aqualistic water systems require no homeowner maintenance!
- Media guaranteed to last a minimum of 10 years!
- 10 Year Parts and Labor Warranty!
- Workmanship Guaranteed for Life!
Aqualistic water systems use very little electricity to run a small motor and maintain data in the control center. Our Green Systems have small solar cells for power. No electrical outlets needed!
Call today for your free, no obligation in home consultation!